MDK DOD Clan Contact Point
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For former members of the DOD 1.6 Clan [MDK]

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Thoughts on the new update?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Redeemer

Thoughts on the new update? Empty
PostSubject: Thoughts on the new update?   Thoughts on the new update? EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 9:06 pm

So far, only annoyed at having to reset my talents, mainly cause most of them have either changed or the fact that there's far less points and not much breathing room to skip to the next tier in the talent tree :/

Graphics wise, very much impressed that they've managed to update them, even for my shitty graphics Very Happy

Had to replace all my addons, spent the last hour of the wee hours of the morning sorting them out and will probably reset them all again tomorrow lol.

Thought?
Back to top Go down
Barcode
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on the new update?   Thoughts on the new update? EmptyThu Oct 14, 2010 7:50 am

Will let u know lol. However its worth mentioning that I respecced my talent tree 2 days ago. Oops
Back to top Go down
Redeemer

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on the new update?   Thoughts on the new update? EmptyThu Oct 14, 2010 8:58 am

lol yeah a friend of mine told me to wait until yesterday as I was thinking about respeccing, glad I didn't Very Happy

I went into enhancement from elemental but I find I've got all this spare mana kicking about that I just can't use up lol
Back to top Go down
Barcode
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on the new update?   Thoughts on the new update? EmptyFri Oct 15, 2010 1:04 am

Well the graphics are definitely improved. Like it.

The whole talent respec thing is a bit concerning since I now have no idea what my spec should be. Might leave my 80 alone for a week until it becomes clearer.

I did find on my Vek druid though that you get an extra spell from nowhere - starsurge - which is a more powerful wrath with a 10 sec cooldown. Very handy. Had to go back to a trainer to get a few skills & spells though. Some of the talent tree has moved around and theres new stuff all over the place. Its going to take some working out. I am sure people are working out the maths as I type this.

The change for requiring only 5 signatures to form a guild is very welcome and we have 3 sigs on our charter at the moment. Need to catch a couple more of the guys online and then we can finish it off, get everyone into the guild and start a guild bank account. For anyone who doesn't know, in every major city there is a guild bank at or near the bank. The guild bank is a common bank accessible to everyone in the guild. So when I create some leather armour (using Leatherworking), I can drop the new armour item into the guild bank and anyone who needs it can take it out and use it. So for example I have been making boots with a good level of armour, plus a couple of points of stamina and agility. I can add on a medium armour kit as well, which increases the armour on that item by a further 16 points.

I'm still glad I respecced a couple of days before the patch, although in the long run it was a bit of a waste of gold. I no longer had to stop for drinks to regain mana all the time and my spell damage was boosted by about 20%. Since I was doing dungeon after dungeon to try and get some decent gear before the patch, it was a big help.

Addons - well of course they are out of date and the biggest kicker for our less experienced players is that Questhelper is NOT going to be updated. Looking into a couple of other addons which help with quests, but its strange playing without QH and it helped me out a lot as a newbie.

Lyn's hit a bug though. Every time she uses a portal, she gets disconnected. Clearing out the temporary files screws up her custom UI. Going to take a while to sort that out I think.

Gonna take some getting used to but overall I like it.
Back to top Go down
Redeemer

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on the new update?   Thoughts on the new update? EmptyFri Oct 15, 2010 6:35 am

Has she tried deleting the WTF folder only and typing /reload before going into a portal?

Only other thing I can think of is it's a bug on blizz's side.
Back to top Go down
TheFang

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on the new update?   Thoughts on the new update? EmptyFri Oct 15, 2010 9:06 am

I like the new patch, its interesting. Though its taking time to get used to the new dps cycle. Loving the new pally buffs though, long long overdue!!

Saddest thing the patch didn't bring? The removal of GEARSCORE!! -_- fuck me sideways that addon pisses me off greatly.

As for addons that I use, all up to date bar questhelper Sad and Grid. Apparently blizz has a new raid ui but since my ui is all custom, I can't get it to work, so no raid frames for me, not that I care, I just autoswing and walk away Razz

Back to top Go down
Redeemer

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on the new update?   Thoughts on the new update? EmptyFri Oct 15, 2010 9:22 am

lol I hate gearscore as well, I actually hate achievements in the sense that ppl ask you to have like 11/12 or 8/10 before you can go raid, I mean, how is anyone meant to get experience if they can't raid with a guild etc :/

Still undecided, for leveling it's a hell of alot better, other than you can choose to put certain talent points in different trees when you want, I think the talent trees should be reverted back tbh :/

Never used grid before and don't care to, used questhelper in the past but tbh with the way the in game map works, you shouldn't need to use questhelper :/
Back to top Go down
Barcode
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on the new update?   Thoughts on the new update? EmptyFri Oct 15, 2010 10:08 am

More to the point, when are you getting your Arse on Vek Nilash, signing the charter and getting your scrawny spade-happy Arse on vent so we can insult you properly, ya goatfondler? :p
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on the new update?   Thoughts on the new update? Empty

Back to top Go down

Thoughts on the new update?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
MDK DOD Clan Contact Point :: Games :: World of Warcraft-
Jump to: